Kiosks Speed Up Patient Check In
December 13, 2012
Augusta, GA – When you’re having an emergency, the last thing you want to do is wait in line. New technology is helping to speed up that process with just a swipe of your driver’s license at the emergency room at Doctors Hospital.
“The new kiosks in our waiting room allow for easy and fast registration, as well as the added benefit of more privacy,” said Martha Garner, RN, Director of Emergency Services at Doctors Hospital.
The new Emergency Department Check-In Kiosk helps to enhance the efficiency of patients being seen and treated.
…It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Select your preferred language, either English or Spanish
- Select which information you will use to enter your registration:
- Scan your driver’s license
- Swipe credit card for identification purposes only – not for payment purposes
- Manually enter information
- Enter the reason for your visit
“Our patients have been very happy with the new kiosks. It’s like going through a self check out in the grocery store or airport, now technology is moving to the ER,” says Garner.