Delivering Quality Healthcare That Matters To You
Quality Care is Important to Every Patient.
But how can you really know the care you’re receiving is the best? The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the lead federal agency tasked with improving healthcare nationwide, defines quality healthcare as doing the right thing at the right time in the right way to achieve the best possible results. At Doctors Hospital of Augusta, our team of experts lives by this definition every day; in fact, we’ve been recognized for our commitment to quality care by the most respected organizations in healthcare. Download our quality core measure iniative brochures below:
What Are Others Saying About Us? Take a Look.
- The Cancer Care Center at Doctors Hospital is accredited by the Commission on Cancer by the American College of Surgeons. The cancer program performance report issued an approval award with six commendations. The Commission on Cancer is a consortium of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival and quality of life for cancer patients through standard-setting, prevention, research, education, and the monitoring of comprehensive quality care.
- Doctors Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission. Accreditation from this organization is a nationwide seal of approval that indicates the hospital complies with the highest national standards for safety and quality of care and is committed to continually improving patient care.
- The Joint Commission has also developed criteria for organizations to become certified in specific diseases or conditions. Doctors Hospital has earned the gold seal of approval in three disease specific areas:
- Primary Stroke Center
- Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement
- Spinal Fusions
- This additional distinction means that our medical professionals and our facility provide an advanced level of care by meeting requirements in three key areas: compliance with national standards, use of evidenced-based clinical practice guidelines, and having an organized approach to performance improvement.
What’s in it for You?
- Doctors Hospital was the first in the region to post average ER wait times on billboards, online and via text messaging, providing patients with the most updated information to make an informed decision when minutes matter. For average ER wait times, text ER to 23000. Message and data rates may apply. For more info visit texterhelp.com.
- Access to 9-1-1, immediate medical treatment, physician locator, medical library and more are available through an iTriage app for iPhone and Android users, bringing highly relevant information to patients when they need it. Download the iTriage app for free at www.itriagehealth. com/get-mobile.
- Operating room tracking screens at Doctors Hospital allow family and friends in the surgical waiting areas to receive up-to-the-minute status updates on their loved ones. While the screens do not affect patient outcomes, they provide comfort and assurance to friends and family. We believe that is also a part of quality patient care.
- An electronic medication administration barcode system is in place to ensure that patients at Doctors Hospital always receive the correct medication and dosage. Similarly, a barcode system also ensures accurate blood and blood production administration.
Our Commitment to Quality Health Care
- Doctors Hospital is recognized by HealthGrades, the nation’s leading independent healthcare ratings company, for the highest rated care in Total Knee Replacement (2009-2011); Total Joint Replacement (2009-2011); Hip Fracture Repair (2009-2011) and Overall Orthopedic Services (2009- 2011). Doctors Hospital was also the recipient of the HealthGrades Surgery Excellence Award (2009-2011).
- Doctors Hospital has received Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. As an accredited chest pain center, Doctors Hospital ensures that patients who come to the hospital complaining of chest pain or discomfort are given the immediate treatment necessary to avoid as much heart damage as possible.
- Doctors Hospital is a 2009 Silver award-winning Get With the Guidelines®-Stroke hospital and was recognized nationally in Stroke and U.S. News & World Report as a recipient of this prestigious honor. Get With The Guidelines® is a program that helps ensure consistent application of the most recent American Heart Association/American Stroke Association scientific guidelines for patient treatment.
- The UnitedHealth Premium surgical spine specialty centers are selected using evidenced-based criteria from current literature or standards developed by national organizations such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and The Leapfrop Group.
- The Center of Distinction designation is based on
rigorous, clinically meaningful measures (or “selection
criteria”) established with expert physicians’ and
medical organizations’ recommendations. The goal is
to help consumers find healthcare facilities that have
demonstrated better overall outcomes (e.g., fewer
medical complications, fewer readmissions and higher
survival rates) in the delivery of specialty care. For
each specialty area, BCBS does a thorough review of
nationally established measures and includes input
from expert physicians and medical organizations.
Doctors Hospital has met the criteria to be designated
as a Center of Distinction in the following:
- Blue Distinction Centers for Spine Surgery: provide comprehensive inpatient spine surgery services including discectomy, fusion and decompression procedures
- Blue Distinction Centers for Knee and Hip Replacement: provide comprehensive inpatient knee and hip replacement services, including total knee replacement and total hip replacement surgeries.
- The Joseph M. Still Burn Center is verified by the American Burn Association. Burn Center Verification is a joint program of the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACS). To achieve verification, a burn center must meet the rigorous standards for organizational structure, personnel qualifications, facilities resources and medical care services set out in the in the ABA chapter on Guidelines for the Operation of Burn Centers in the ACS publication on Resources For Optimal Care Of The Injured Patient 2006. Elements of this voluntary program include completion of a prereview questionnaire and an in-depth on-site review by members of the ABA Verification Committee. A written report by the site visit team is reviewed by the ABA Verification Committee and by the Committee on Trauma of the ACS.