Perhaps one of the greatest perks about working at Doctors Hospital is living in Augusta, Georgia. Centrally located in Georgia, Augusta is second largest and oldest city in the state. Augusta is ideally situated along the banks of the Savannah River and is just a short drive to beautiful pristine beaches and majestic mountains. Known worldwide for the annual Masters Golf Tournament, this city has something for everyone. Whether you like visiting historic museums, boating on the Savannah River, golfing, shopping, or dining at one of our numerous restaurants, you are sure to enjoy this astonishing city.
For more information about Doctors Hospital and Augusta, Georgia, click here for a free brochure.
- Nicknamed the Garden City
- Population of 200,000 in Augusta, 500,000 in the surrounding Central Savannah River Area which encompasses five counties: Richmond, Columbia, McDuffie, Aiken, and Edgefield
- The housing market is extremely affordable and less than national average.
- Augustans enjoy warm summers and very mild winters.
Favorite attractions for the locals include:
- Swim, sail, water ski, and canoe on scenic Lake Thurmond or the historic Savannah River.
- Spend time at one of Augusta’s premier sporting events.
- Play golf.
- Attend horse events including the annual Augusta Futurity and Aiken’s Steeplechase.
For more information about beautiful historic Augusta, Georgia click here.