- Women Living Well
- News Archive
Heart Month 2013
February Is Heart Health Month
February is American Heart Month. At Doctors Hospital, we know that cardiac emergencies are never planned or prepared for. However, as an Accredited Chest Pain Center, Doctors Hospital ensures that patients who come to the hospital complaining of chest pain or discomfort are given the immediate treatment necessary to avoid as much heart damage as possible. We hope to never see you as a cardiac patient at our hospital but if we do, rest assured you’re in good hands!
Did You Know?
- Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the United States
- One in every three deaths is from heart disease and stroke, equal to 2,200 deaths per day
Stay Heart Healthy:
- Get up and get active by being physically active for at least 30 minutes on most days of the week.
- Make your calories count by eating a heart-healthy diet high in fresh fruits and vegetables and low in sodium and trans fat.
- Take control of your heart health by following your doctor’s prescription instructions.
Know your ABCS:
- Ask your doctor if you should take an Aspirin every day.
- Find out if you have high Blood pressure or Cholesterol, and if you do, get effective treatment.
- If you Smoke, get help to quit.