Women Choose Us!
Doctors Hospital is proud to be named a recipient of the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Emergency Care. This award signifies Doctors Hospital’s commitment and passion for creating an extraordinary healthcare experience for women and their families. It is a great accomplishment and we will continue to work together to provide high quality emergency care to our community. Read more about this award here.
View Larger (PDF - 720 KB)
Emergency Department of Doctors Hospital of Augusta
3651 Wheeler Road
Augusta, GA 30909
Phone: (706) 651-2424
map & directions
Doctors Hospital's Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year providing additional physician coverage during the evenings, weekends, and holiday hours. Located in the center of Augusta and closest to its fastest growing sectors, our Emergency Department averages the areas shortest wait times and fastest treatment times. Staffed with skilled physicians, nurses and paramedics, we are committed to providing you with efficient, high quality care and short ER wait times.
- Take a virtual tour of the Emergency Department
- Read our emergency care patient testimonials
- Learn about our Emergency Department kiosk check-in
Doctors Hospital’s Emergency Department has 23 private rooms, 3 of which are dedicated to pediatric patients. The overall look and feel of our Emergency Department ensures that patients and families are cared for in a comfortable, warm environment.
Chest Pain Center
We continue to provide patients with immediate access to the life-saving equipment and procedures needed to respond to any cardiac emergency swiftly and effectively. The full accredited Chest Pain Center offers emergency care quickly to residents and local communities surrounding Augusta, such as those in Lincoln, McDuffie and Burke counties because we’re easily accessible from I-20 and 1-520. As an accredited Chest Pain Center, we ensure that patients who come to the hospital complaining of chest pain or discomfort are given the immediate treatment necessary to avoid as much heart damage as possible. We continue to improve our turn-around treatment time for angioplasty or Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI).
Primary Stroke Center
Doctors Hospital has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ as a Primary Stroke Center since 2005.
Services offered to provide you with the best possible care and short ER wait times:
- Nurses trained in life-saving techniques
- Immediate referral to all specialties
- X-ray services are provided within Emergency Department to decrease your wait time.
- Insurance and other financial information is gathered after your examination.
Telephones, televisions, and movies for children are available in our treatment room for your comfort and convenience during ER wait times.
Is Your Child at Risk for
Sudden Cardiac Death?
Click here to learn more
The Emergency Department at Doctors Hospital specializes in the following areas:
- We treat sports and other orthopedic injuries with referrals as needed to the Sports Medicine Center.
- Emergency medicine plays an important role at the Human Motion Institute. The advanced training and expertise of our staff enables us to provide motion care for acute injuries and fractures 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Each year we treat thousands of individuals with acute injuries who are in need of immediate attention. Our carefully coordinated evaluation and treatment protocols are designed to provide leading edge care as expeditiously as possible. Our team of physicians, nurses, and a host of other staff members have worked tirelessly to create an integrated care delivery network that is known for its outstanding clinical care and customer service outcomes. We are proud of the reputation we have built and are committed to providing outstanding emergency care to the community.
- We offer a full range of services with immediate access to the Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
Cardiac Screening for Young AdultsCourtesy of WRDW News 12
- All burn patients are evaluated by our specially trained burn consultant while in the Emergency Department. If necessary, the patient is referred to our nationally recognized Joseph M. Still Burn Center. We also provide patient follow-up for burns and other wounds through our Advanced Wound Management Center.
Doctor's Hospital Emergency Medicine
If you are having an emergency and need immediate assistance, dial 9-1-1
Emergency Department: (706) 651-2424
Mark Newton, MD
Medical Director of Emergency Services
Phone: (706) 651-6082
Jodi Cunningham, RN
Assistant Director of Emergency Services and Trauma
Phone: (706) 651-2494
Phone: (706) 651-6560
Anthony Burke, DO
Medical Director of Cardiology
Tonja Walker, RN
Clinical Manager of Cardiac Catheterization Lab
Phone: (706) 651-2486
Bruce Bailey, RN, NRP
Trauma Program Manager
Phone: (706) 651-4641
- Services A-Z
- Burn Care
- Cardiac Services
- Cancer Care Center
- Cradle Club
- Digestive Disease Center
- Emergency Care
- Human Motion Institute / Ortho
- Imaging Services
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Maternity Care
- Pelvic Health Institute
- Rehabilitation Services
- Robotics Institute
- Sports Medicine
- Stroke Center
- Vascular Services
- Women's Services
- Wound Care