This handbook, including a CD-ROM, is designed to assist coaches with basic first aid, heat illness prevention, emergency action plan, and taping techniques.
The sections of the manual are as follows:
- Defining the role and educations of a Certified Athletic Trainer
- What Should I do with an Injured Athlete?
- Basic First Aid Techniques
- Supplies for a Training Kit
- Heat Related Injuries
- Emergency Action Plan
- General Guidelines for Concussions
- Taping Techniques (with pictures) - arch, ankle, wrist, thumb, hip spica, shoulder spica
Each handbook contains a CD-ROM PowerPoint presentation with:
- Additional general injury information
- Information with pictures and directions for common injuries, treatment, and rehabilitation of the ankle, knee, and shoulder.
- Additional information on wound care, concussions, and emergency plans.
If you would like a copy of the Coaches' Handbook with the CD-ROM, call the Rehab Health Centers at 706.651.2270 or email John Ellis with your information (name, address, organization, etc.).
- Services A-Z
- Burn Care
- Cardiac Services
- Cancer Care Center
- Cradle Club
- Digestive Disease Center
- Emergency Care
- Human Motion Institute / Ortho
- Imaging Services
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Maternity Care
- Pelvic Health Institute
- Rehabilitation Services
- Robotics Institute
- Sports Medicine
- Stroke Center
- Women's Services
- Vascular Services
- Wound Care