Emergency Department of Doctors Hospital of Augusta
3651 Wheeler Road
Augusta, GA 30909
Emergency Room in Augusta, GA
When you or a loved one needs immediate medical attention, you can count on our experienced ER team at Doctors Hospital. We provide timely, compassionate care for patients with emergency and life-threatening conditions. Our range of services include everything from broken bone care to heart attack and stroke treatment.
Our pediatric emergency room is designed to be friendly and non-intimidating. Our children's ER team is passionate about – and specially-trained in – caring for children. We also have a pediatric inpatient unit with 24/7 coverage and a dedicated staff for our smallest patients.
If you or a loved one is experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should head to the nearest ER or call 911.
Should you head to the ER?
- Heart attack symptoms: chest pain, left shoulder or arm pain neck, jaw or back pain with sweating, shortness of breath sometimes accompanied by nausea
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe bleeding
- Fever that won’t go down
- Head injury causing loss of consciousness, seizure or vomiting
- Severe diarrhea
- Severe headache
- Sudden speech difficulties or trouble seeing
- Unexpected dizziness or excruciating headache
- Broken bone or serious burn
- Flu-like symptoms that won’t go away
- Sudden numbness or weakness of arms or legs or one side of face
- Food or insect bite allergy
Level III Trauma Center
At Doctors Hospital we have a highly trained team to care for serious emergencies. As a Level III Trauma Center, our ER team is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients.
Specialty Emergency Expertise
At Doctors Hospital, we offer specialty services that add to our ability to care for you and your family during an emergency: