At the Clyde A. Burgamy Center for Women, you can enjoy Family-Centered Maternity Care—the ONLY program of its kind in the CSRA. We are also proud to say we are the ONLY Baby-Friendly designated hospital in the area.
What does all that mean? Well, during labor, support tools are made available so that you can decide how to make your childbirth experience right for you and your family. With couplet care a mother-baby nurse will care for both you and your new baby, keeping you together in your room, unless you choose otherwise. Please call (706) 651-4343 to be referred to an OB/GYN that delivers at Doctors Hospital.
The Center for Women offers…
- 29 Private Labor, Delivery, Recovery, Postpartum (LDRP) Rooms
- OR suites located on the unit for cesarean deliveries
- Labor support options
- Breastfeeding support from International Board Certified Lactation Consultants and Certified Lactation Counselors. The entire nursing staff is trained in breastfeeding support.
- 24-hour anesthesia coverage
- All physicians and Labor & Delivery nurses are fetal monitoring certified
- Fetal monitoring available in physicians’ offices and on their mobile phones
- Infant security—state-of-the-art system and locked unit
- Daily “Naptime” for mom and baby for that much needed rest and bonding.
- First Tune Lullaby to announce the birth of your baby throughout the hospital
- Free childbirth classes throughout the pregnancy
- Professional baby photos
- “It’s A Girl/Boy” ribbon posted on the outside of each mothers door