More than any single trait, it is the Burn Center’s emphasis on research and technology that sets us apart. In addition to providing patients with the most advanced burn care solutions available, our focus keeps us at the top of research and development company lists when new product sites are being selected. The size of our patient population alone makes us a desirable location to conduct drug trials. For the past few years, our burn team has been among the largest group of presenters at both regional and national professional meetings. More importantly, the knowledge we glean today improves the quality of treatment and care we deliver tomorrow.
The Joseph M. Still Research Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit, private organization affiliated with the Joseph M. Still Burn Center created with the following purposes:
- To develop clinical research to improve the care of burn patients
- To develop educational programs for members of the Burn and Wound Team
- To provide assistance and teaching in burn care to under-developed countries, in response to burn disasters in particular
- To disseminate new knowledge in epidemiology and management of burn-associated injuries and wounds
Past research and technology studies include:
- Clinical trials evaluating drugs and medical devices in Phases II, III, and IV to determine safety and efficacy;
- Clinical trials evaluating anti-infectives, renal, pulmonary and skin medications;
- Clinical trials evaluating the use of skin substitutes to treat burn injuries and its sequelae;
- Clinical trials evaluating different patient beds and other medical devices to determine efficacy.
For more information about research studies at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center, contact Charlie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the information listed below.
Joseph M. Still Research Foundation, Inc.
3675 J. Dewey Gray Circle, Suite 200-B
Augusta, GA 30909
Chairman/Board Member - Robert F. Mullins, M.D.
Co-Chairman/Board Member - Zaheed Hassan, M.D.
CEO - Carlos Blanco, M.D.
COO - M. Anwarul Mian, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H.
President/Board Member - Bruce Friedman, M.D.
Board Member - Claus Brandigi, M.D.
Board Member - Paul Dunbar, Atty.
Board Member - Robert Osborne
Board Member - Charles Broome
Board Member - Charles Gertler, PA-C
Treasurer - Day Harrison
Secretary - Susan Bennett
Manager, Clinical Research - Charlie H. Williams, BS, MHA
Clinical Research Coordinator - Rhonda Poole, RN, BSN
Research Assistant - Badrul Alam, MBBS
For patient referrals, contact
Fred Mullins, MD, Medical Director
Joseph M. Still Burn Center
Toll free: 877-863-9595
- Services A-Z
- Burn Care
- Cardiac Services
- Cancer Care Center
- Cradle Club
- Digestive Disease Center
- Emergency Care
- Health Connection
- Human Motion Institute / Ortho
- Imaging Services
- Lab Services
- Maternity Care
- Neurodiagnostic Testing
- Patient Navigators
- Pelvic Health Institute
- Pulmonary Diagnostics
- Rehabilitation Services
- Robotics Institute
- Sports Medicine
- Surgical Services
- Stroke Center
- Women's Services
- Vascular Services
- Wound Care