Are you wondering whether now is the right time to schedule or keep an appointment with your provider? We recognize that the pandemic may have created some uncertainty for you, and want to reassure our patients that we remain focused on providing exceptional care. And although some aspects of your healthcare visit have changed, you may be surprised to find that the patient experience for many of our services will feel no different than your previous healthcare experiences.
Rest assured, the health and wellbeing of our patients, caregivers and communities remains our top priority; we will continue to make sure that anyone who depends on our facilities receives needed and timely care while balancing our readiness to care for patients with COVID–19.
What to expect at your next appointment
Typically you can expect to see these enhanced safety precautions at your next visit:
- Infection prevention precautions — as you would expect, we thoroughly clean and sanitize all patient waiting rooms, exam rooms and other care areas according to the most updated recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In–office infection control measures are readily available for our patients and visitors, such as masks, alcohol–based hand sanitizers, tissues, hand soap and waste receptacles. And we have taken extra steps by removing shared items from our waiting areas, like magazines.
- Screening — we screen all patients and visitors for symptoms of COVID–19 prior to entering the waiting area.
- Masking — we are following universal masking guidance by masking all clinic staff, patients and visitors, regardless of symptoms or exposure in order to ensure everyone's safety.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) — PPE is in use at levels recommended by the CDC, and we are confident in our supply in large part because of the operational scale provided through our larger network, HCA Healthcare.
- Social distancing — all clinical staff, patients, and visitors will adhere to social distancing guidelines. You may notice increased spacing of seating in common waiting areas, and separation of patients in our waiting areas depending on their visit type (sick or well).
Helping you stay healthy and manage your healthcare needs
It's as important as ever to prioritize your own health, and we are here to help. Remember:
- To keep your immune system strong and your overall health in good condition, it's important that you follow your provider's regimen in controlling any chronic conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes and asthma.
- Don't ignore other health concerns, which could potentially place you at greater risk of complications.
- Don't delay seeing your provider. Come in for regularly scheduled visits and take your prescribed medications. Maintaining a health routine is more important now than ever.
Seek care when you need it
If you need to see your provider, don't hesitate to make an appointment; we remain a safe place to receive care for any healthcare need you may have. Call us with any questions you may have about your appointment, and remember that prioritizing your health is important and should never be put on hold.