24-hour emergency care in Augusta, Georgia
When you or a loved one needs immediate medical attention, you can count on the experienced emergency medical team at Doctors Hospital of Augusta. Our skilled doctors provide timely, compassionate care to patients of all ages. We treat a wide range of emergency and life-threatening conditions, including broken bones, heart attacks and strokes.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
Doctors Hospital of Augusta has received advanced certification from The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. We are also home to a Level II Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) for our commitment to offering life-saving care to critically ill and injured patients.
Why patients choose us for emergency care
When patients in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA) come to Doctors Hospital of Augusta for their emergency care, they have access to our comprehensive emergency services, including:
- A Center for Stroke Care accredited by The Joint Commission
- A dedicated pediatric emergency room (ER) with a compassionate and specially trained team devoted to caring for children
- A Level II Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) with expert trauma specialists offering 24/7 life-saving care to critically ill and injured patients
- A pediatric inpatient unit and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) with 24/7 monitoring by a dedicated staff
- An expert team of emergency physicians, doctors, nurses and staff
- Comprehensive, on-site imaging services and laboratory testing
- The largest burn care center in the United States, offering advanced burn and wound treatments
- Two ER kiosks where the check-in process is expedited, allowing patients to receive the care they need as quickly as possible
Advanced heart attack care
We offer fast and effective heart care. When patients come to us with heart attack symptoms, we evaluate and treat them promptly and effectively, offering advanced diagnostic services and life-saving emergency interventions.
High-quality stroke care
Our multidisciplinary team is trained and experienced in providing fast, effective stroke care. Our staff uses advanced technology to diagnose and treat stroke rapidly and aggressively.
When to go to the ER
It can be difficult to determine whether you should go to the ER, visit an urgent care clinic or wait for your doctor's office to open. However, knowing where to go when you need immediate care can save your life.
Our ER is open 24/7 to treat all types of emergency medical conditions. Almost all symptoms can range in severity. Below is a list of injuries and symptoms that may indicate you need to visit the ER:
- Broken bones
- Difficulty breathing
- Head injuries accompanied by:
- Loss of consciousness
- Heart attack symptoms, including:
- Chest pain
- Left shoulder or arm pain
- Neck, jaw or back pain
- Shortness of breath
- Long-lasting fevers
- Long-lasting flu-like symptoms
- Serious burns
- Severe allergic reactions
- Severe bleeding
- Severe diarrhea
- Stroke symptoms, including:
- Sudden numbness (specifically on one side of the body)
- Sudden or severe headaches
- Sudden speech difficulties or difficulty seeing
- Unexplainable dizziness
Our Level II Trauma Center
As an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center, our highly trained team offers advanced care to patients experiencing critical illnesses and injuries.
Pediatric emergency room (ER)
Our pediatric ER is designed with our smallest patients in mind. We know that visiting the ER can be a frightening experience for children and their families. That's why our pediatric ER's atmosphere is kid-friendly and non-intimidating, with electronic devices in each room to keep children entertained and with child life specialists to support and inform our young patients and their caregivers.
Our children's ER team, led by our Pediatric ER Medical Director and dedicated pediatric ER physicians, is passionate and specially trained in caring for children. We also have a pediatric inpatient unit and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) with a dedicated staff monitoring and caring for children 24/7.
Emergency care locations
Retrieving location data...