Heart and vascular care in Augusta, Georgia
The heart and vascular specialists at Doctors Hospital of Augusta have spent years preparing for the seconds that could change your life. The cardiovascular center provides expert care for heart and vascular conditions and diseases. We take a personalized, coordinated approach to give you the compassionate, exceptional cardiovascular care you deserve.
For a referral to one of our cardiovascular specialists, call (706) 651-4343.
Heart and vascular conditions we treat
At Doctors Hospital of Augusta, our cardiologists are proud to offer cutting-edge, high-quality cardiovascular care. Some of the heart and vascular conditions we treat include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Carotid artery stenosis
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
Our cardiology services
Whether a patient needs advanced care for heart disease or a minimally invasive procedure, our cardiologists provide high quality treatments to restore heart function and improve heart health.
Chest pain and heart attack treatments
The cardiac specialists in our emergency room (ER) provide rapid assessment, diagnostics and care for patients experiencing symptoms of a heart attack, including:
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Feeling weak, lightheaded or faint
- Pain or discomfort in the jaw, neck or back
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms or shoulders
- Shortness of breath
If you think you or someone you know is having a heart attack, call 911 immediately.
Heart screenings and imaging services
Our imaging specialists and radiologists use the latest imaging technology to produce clear, detailed images of the chest. Our cardiac doctors then use those images to detect and accurately diagnose heart diseases. Some of the advanced diagnostic tests we use to diagnose heart conditions include:
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPET)
- Echocardiography (ECHO)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Holter and event monitoring
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine
- Stress testing
When it comes to heart failure interventions, having an advanced Cardiac Catheterization Lab close to home is essential. Our emergency specialists coordinate with our cardiac catheterization team to diagnose and treat heart attacks quickly and effectively.
The highly skilled team of interventional cardiologists, nurses and support staff at our state-of-the-art Cardiac Catheterization Lab offer expert cardiac care. When a patient has a heart attack, quick, coordinated interventions are critical to saving heart muscle and reducing the chance of lasting damage.
Our vascular services
The cardiovascular system is made up of veins and arteries that keep people healthy by transporting blood and oxygen throughout the body. Vascular disease involves the narrowing of blood vessels caused by plaque buildup, which can lead to serious medical conditions, such as heart attacks, strokes and amputations. We provide diagnostics and treatments for a wide range of vascular conditions, from blood clots to aneurysms.
Our cardiovascular procedures
Some of the heart and vascular procedures we offer include:
- Carotid artery surgery, or carotid endarterectomy (a procedure to clear a blocked artery)
- Minimally invasive aneurysm repair (an alternative to traditional surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm)
- Pacemaker and defibrillator placement (the surgical placement of small devices inside the body to regulate heart rhythm and rate)
- Stenting (a procedure performed to support the artery walls that have widened for increased blood flow and chest pain reduction)
- Thoracic aorta repair, also known as endovascular repair (a procedure in which a surgeon makes a small incision in the leg and inserts a sleeve on the inside of the aorta to treat a thoracic aortic aneurysm)
- Thoracic outlet syndrome surgery (a procedure often involving the removal of the scalene muscles in the neck, the cervical rib and the first rib to treat arterial thoracic outlet syndrome)
- Vascular reconstruction/bypass (a procedure performed to redirect blood flow from one area to another by reconnecting blood vessels by bypassing diseased arteries)
Retrieving location data...