Pediatric physicians in Augusta, Georgia
We understand that there is nothing more important than the health and happiness of your child. At Doctors Hospital of Augusta, our pediatrics team is dedicated to providing expert, specialized care in a welcoming, kid-friendly environment.
To schedule an appointment with one of our pediatric specialists, (877) 357-0159.
Advanced pediatric care
Families trust Doctors Hospital of Augusta for their children's healthcare because we offer a wide range of high-quality pediatric services to the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA) community, including:
- A dedicated pediatric emergency room (ER) offering fast, effective emergency care 24/7
- A pediatric inpatient unit where children who are ill or injured and require hospitalization receive expert care and monitoring 24/7
- A pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) where children with severe injuries and illnesses receive life-saving care from pediatric critical care specialists 24/7
- Neonatal intensive care offered at our Level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Pediatric subspecialty care, including pediatric gastroenterology and pediatric neurology
- Pediatric surgery services to treat a wide range of conditions, from ear, nose and throat (ENT) disorders to severe burns
- Sports medicine programs to aid in the prevention, detection and treatment of sports-related injuries
- The services of a team of multidisciplinary, experienced pediatric care providers and child life specialists
Emergency pediatric care
From infectious conditions to critical illnesses, our pediatric ER provides immediate assessments and treatments to children in a kid-friendly environment. No matter the medical concern, our pediatric ER team and facility are equipped to handle a wide range of urgent medical conditions.
Pediatric specialty care
When children need specialized care, their families can trust our pediatric experts. Our providers are all specifically trained in pediatrics and understand each child’s unique physical and emotional needs. We combine pediatric imaging, leading-edge technology and equipment with specialized treatments and procedures for the best possible outcomes.
Some of the pediatric specialties we offer include:
- Neonatal intensive care
- Pediatric burn care
- Pediatric gastrointestinal care
- Pediatric intensive care
- Pediatric neurological care
Neonatal intensive care
Our hospital's Clyde A. Burgamy Center for Women is home to a Level II NICU where newborns born prematurely or with medical conditions receive the advanced, specialized care they need. We also coordinate with members of our labor and delivery program and high-risk pregnancy program to provide coordinated, efficient care to keep new mothers and newborns as healthy as possible.
Pediatric burn care
The Joseph M. Still Burn Center at Doctors Hospital of Augusta is the largest burn center in the U.S. and the third largest in the world. Our pediatric burn specialists have the skill and experience to provide the highly specialized burn care children require.
Pediatric intensive care
Our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) offers nurturing support and state-of-the-art care for children in critical condition. We have four dedicated beds in our PICU and rooms designed with our young patients in mind. Our two pediatric intensivists, who are trained in pediatric critical care, diagnose and manage life-threatening critical illnesses, collaborating with pediatric subspecialists when needed.
Pediatric neurological care
Our neurological program is home to dedicated neurologists who provide comprehensive care for a range of neurological disorders. We also offer an on-site electroencephalogram (EEG) laboratory, where we monitor brain wave activity to diagnose a variety of conditions, including seizures and epilepsy.
Seizures associated with epilepsy may occur at any point in life. However, they are common in adolescents. Our pediatric neurologists commonly treat children and teenagers who experience seizures with anticonvulsant or anti-epileptic medications. These drugs help to prevent seizures from occurring with minimal side effects.
We always recommend the least invasive method to treat children's health conditions. However, sometimes surgical procedures are the most effective option. When pediatric surgery is needed, families can trust that our pediatric surgeons are specially trained to meet their child's unique needs.
Some of the pediatric surgeries we offer include:
- Pediatric dental surgery
- Pediatric ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeries
- Surgical burn treatments for children
Our pediatric care providers
Our pediatric team members work with each other, our patients and our patients' families to provide the best individualized care possible. Our collaborative approach helps keep patients informed, involved and supported. Our pediatric team includes:
- Child life specialists
- Family medicine doctors
- Pediatric intensivists
- Pediatric nurses
- Pediatric subspecialists
- Pediatric surgeons