An update for our patients
At Doctors Hospital of Augusta, we remain diligent in our fight against coronavirus (COVID-19), and want to provide you with an update about the thoughtful and deliberate steps we’re taking to return to standard operations during this ever-evolving pandemic. We recognize these are uncertain times, and you may have concerns about receiving medical care, even more so than normal. As always, the health and safety of our patients, caregivers and communities is our top priority.
The precautions we’ve taken and the new protections we’ve put in place make our clinical care facilities among the safest possible places to receive healthcare at this time. Over the past few months, our facilities have maintained strict standards while following updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As we carefully prepare for the re-opening of many postponed services, we have introduced enhanced precautions to ensure a safe environment for all involved, including universal masking, isolating COVID-19 patients, enhanced screening, and virtual visitation policies. Urgent healthcare needs, including those unrelated to COVID-19, should not be ignored during this time. We are here for you and we are well-equipped to handle any health concern you may have.
Steps we’re taking to keep you and our clinical teams safe:
- Screening processes in place for all patients, visitors and clinicians before entering facilities.
- Separate care locations for COVID-19 positive patients and those under investigation, who are masked and escorted to designated locations.
- Universal masking required throughout our facilities, which exceeds CDC guidelines.
- Heightened infection prevention policies, including the removal of high-touch items such as magazines, toys and vending machines from our facilities.
- Food and drinks prohibited in clinical units to prevent the spread of illness.
- Updated visitor policies, including limitations, which have been in place for the duration of the pandemic, remain in place across our facilities.
However, precautions should not stop when you leave our facilities. To protect yourself and others, it is imperative you continue to follow the current guidance from the CDC regarding social distancing and hand hygiene. These important infection prevention measures help keep you, and your loved ones, safe.
Doctors Hospital of Augusta remains focused on providing you with outstanding care. We know these circumstances may not be what you anticipated when it comes to your healthcare, and we recognize the worry this pandemic may have created for you or your loved ones. Thank you for trusting us with your vital care. We are committed to protecting the health and safety of the patients we so proudly serve, today and every day.
*We make every effort to ensure our website information remains up to date. As specific guidelines and policies continue to evolve, please call our facility at (706) 651-3232 for updated information on enhanced safety protections.