As COVID-19 cases increase in our community, Doctors Hospital is updating their visitor policy beginning Tuesday, August 3, 2021:
- One (1) visitor per patient is welcome between the hours of 9:00am - 9:00pm. Visitor must be 18 years or older.
- Visiting hours in special care areas (Burn Unit, ICU, Pediatrics, ER and Women's Center) are posted on the units and may be restricted due to treatments and special needs of the patients. Please see unit specific policies for these areas. Any deviation from visiting hours shall be discussed with the charge nurse/supervisor to assure patient rights, wishes, and clinical care are not compromised.
- Every effort shall be made to report any change in condition of the patient to the designated family liaison immediately.
- Nursing and Medical Staff reserve the right to restrict/limit visitor's access to patients. Except under extenuating circumstances, visitors should be limited to one per patient at any given time to promote a healing environment.
- Visitors who are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed into the facility. Exceptions can be granted by the house supervisor for extraordinary needs (e.g. dying patient, pediatric patient, visitor being deployed, etc.) No exceptions will be granted for high-risk areas such as Neonatal ICU or other areas with high-risk patients.
- Visitors who will be remaining in the facility after 9:00pm will need to obtain a visitor pass at the Security Desk at the hospital Emergency Room entrance.
- At least one family member will be able to stay at the bedside of any patient receiving emergency resuscitation while being provided appropriate education and support by the staff.