Weight loss surgery clinic in Augusta, Georgia
The Healthy Living Center at Doctors Hospital of Augusta is a bariatric surgery clinic with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals dedicated to helping patients achieve sustained weight loss through surgery. Our compassionate bariatrics team supports our patients each step of the way, from initial consultation to weight loss surgery and follow-up care.
For more information about our weight loss surgical services, call the Healthy Living Center at (706) 651-5483.
Obesity is a disorder involving excessive body fat that increases a person's risk of health problems, such as:
- Gallbladder disease
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Joint disease
- Respiratory issues
- Sleep apnea
We understand how challenging and difficult sustained weight loss is for many people with obesity. We also know that severe obesity is not a disorder of willpower but a chronic disease that has many contributing factors, such as a person's:
Sustained weight loss through bariatric surgery
At the Healthy Living Center at Doctors Hospital of Augusta, our surgical weight loss specialists help people achieve their weight loss goals through bariatric surgery. Bariatric surgery has proven effective in helping patients achieve and maintain weight loss.
Bariatric procedures we offer
Our bariatric surgeons use advanced, minimally invasive surgical techniques, such as laparoscopy, endoscopy and robotic surgery, to perform a wide range of surgical procedures to help patients with severe obesity. Some of the bariatric procedures we offer include:
- Duodenal switch (a procedure that involves removing 70 percent of the stomach and most of the duodenum, which is part of the small intestine directly behind the stomach)
- Gastric balloon (a non-surgical procedure that involves placing and inflating a balloon in the stomach to reduce stomach capacity)
- Gastric band (a procedure that involves placing a band around the top portion of the stomach, creating a tiny pouch that restricts food consumption)
- Gastric bypass (a common and effective procedure that involves using a small part of the stomach to create a new, smaller stomach pouch, which bypasses part of the small intestine)
- Gastric sleeve (a procedure that involves removing a large part of the stomach so that the new, smaller stomach will help patients feel full after eating smaller meals)
- Weight loss surgery revisions (a procedure to improve, correct or repair a bariatric surgery that did not produce satisfactory weight loss results)
Bariatric surgery education and support
We provide emotional support for patients throughout their weight loss journey. We also offer weight loss surgery seminars to potential patients who may want more information about the different bariatric surgery options we offer.
Doctors Hospital of Augusta has been accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) for bariatric surgery. This recognition reflects that our bariatric surgery center provides advanced, safe, high-quality care for bariatric surgical patients.