Expert trauma care in Augusta, Georgia
Not every hospital is prepared to treat patients experiencing critical illnesses and injuries. At Doctors Hospital of Augusta, we have a specially trained team and all the resources needed to provide excellent trauma care. As the only Level II Trauma Center in the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA), our hospital provides a high level of care for critically injured and ill patients of all ages.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
Our Level II Trauma Center is fully staffed with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals who provide life-saving care and surgery. We offer 24/7 trauma services in two dedicated trauma bays located in our emergency room (ER), treating patients within two minutes of their arrival. We can also quickly evaluate children who need trauma care at our on-site dedicated pediatric ER.
The American College of Surgeons (ACS) verified us as a Level II Trauma Center, recognizing that our hospital has the resources to offer an excellent level of care to patients experiencing critical injuries and illnesses.
Types of severe injuries we treat
We treat a wide variety of severe and critical injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Deep cuts and puncture wounds
- Dislocated or broken jaws
- Electrical injuries
- Injuries caused by automobile accidents
- Severe burns
- Skull fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic amputations
- Traumatic brain injuries
Advanced burn care
Our skilled trauma team
The trauma care experts at Doctors Hospital of Augusta work closely with our emergency care providers and medical specialists to deliver coordinated, individualized treatment to patients.
Our multidisciplinary trauma care team includes:
- Board-certified trauma surgeons
- Emergency medicine physicians
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Specially trained critical care and emergency nurses
Trauma center levels
Trauma centers range from Level I to Level V, as designated by the American College of Surgeons. All trauma centers use specialized equipment to treat traumatic injuries that could cause disability or death.
Our Level II Trauma Center
Doctors Hospital of Augusta is home to a Level II Trauma Center that delivers comprehensive treatment for complex and severe traumatic injuries. As a Level II Trauma Center, our facility offers:
- 24-hour access to emergency physicians, general surgeons and anesthesiologists
- Care for patients coming from other local hospitals, ERs and urgent care centers
- Fast response for resuscitations and stabilizations of critically injured patients
- Immediate availability of specialists in orthopedic care and neurological care, imaging specialists, pediatric emergency doctors and critical care specialists
- Support services, such as physical therapy and access to social workers and case managers
- Trauma prevention education programs for staff and members of surrounding communities
Our trauma specialists serve as leaders providing education and prevention to the public through community events and educational resources. We also offer continued education to our trauma team members and are committed to keeping up with the latest trauma research developments.